At Centrica Business Solutions, we aim to shape a low carbon future by enabling our customers and our business to use energy more sustainably. Across Centrica plc, we have reduced our carbon footprint and set Responsible Business Ambitions to achieve by 2030, which support the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Our research and business survey report, Distributed Energy Future Trends, highlighted the sustainability ambitions and challenges of 1,500 organisations across the globe. And while Centrica journeys to a low carbon future, we are using the insights we gain along the way to help our customers realise their own pathway to net zero.
A lower carbon future for the UK, a more sustainable future for business. Read our Powering Sustainability report.
Tackling climate change
Climate change is one of the greatest challenges facing society. By 2030, we aim to:
- Help our customers reduce emissions by 25% through direct (3%) and indirect action (baseline: 2015)
- Deliver 7GW of flexible, distributed and low carbon technologies, in addition to system access and optimisation services
- Demonstrate we are on track with Paris Agreement goals and develop a path to net zero by 2050
How we reduced our carbon footprint
Across Centrica, we have reduced our internal carbon footprint by 26% since 2015.
Energy is moving from a centrally organised model to a local one. This has the potential to benefit communities – enabling them to take control of their energy, reduce environmental impact and unlock financial savings. By 2030, we want to:
- Deliver £5 billion of value for communities through new and distributed energy technologies
- Deliver £300 million in energy efficiency savings to public and essential services
If just 50% of the UK’s Industry, Healthcare and Hospitality & Leisure sectors took up distributed energy technologies, they could save: